New Caps and the '50s Mod Only Effective when Rolling Down the ...

Jesse, the 50s mod will make a difference, even if you leave the tone control on 10 all the time, as soon as you roll the volume know below 10.

What is 50's Wiring All About? - The Gear Page

50's wiring acts as a natural treble bleed so you maintain a more consistent, brighter tone as you roll off volume, but the trade off is the ...

Custom Result

This is a custom result inserted after the second result.

50s wiring or treble bleed? - My Les Paul Forum

50's wiring keeps the treble, but if you roll the tone down and then the volume then it acts differently again. Treble bleed is essentially ...

Cap swap and change to “50s wiring” : r/LesPaul - Reddit

They're common changes, but nothing you've done would affect sustain. 50s wiring give you better treble retention when rolling off the volume ...

Impressed with 50's wiring mod | Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

When the tone is rolled way down to 1 or 2 and you back off the guitar volume, you get a wha wha effect between 8 and 10 on the volume.

Opinions on Les Paul 50's Style wiring... | Z-Talk - ProBoards

I just bought a harness off of TGP from a guy that prewires them on the side.I got RS pots for volume and spraque caps and 50's wired.It came as ...

Tone knob 50's vs modern vs no tone - Seymour Duncan Forum

Yes. You lose high end as you turn down your volume with 50s also. Only not as much as with modern. Last edited by ...

What's the real 50s wiring? | Tokai & Japanese Guitar Forum

The 50s vs modern wirings have an effect any time either (or both) pickups are on, and a volume for any "on" pickup is rolled down. ganzua said:

Fezz Parka/50s wiring Question. - Telecaster Guitar Forum

yes, there's a volume drop when you roll off the tone control, so you tweak the volume knob again, but you wouldn't have done this mod if you ...

Caps for 50s wiring - Gibson Forums

If you install a 0.015 on the neck, the tone won't roll off as much when you turn the tone control down, but you'll get the brassy woman tone ...